Subscribe for 33¢ / day
Idaho Power Courtesy Photo

Idaho Power employee Dioni Amuchastegui was eating lunch in his truck this week when he noticed something amiss with the water bottle on the seat next to him.

“I looked over and noticed that light was being refracted through a water bottle and was starting to catch the seat on fire,” he said in a video that Idaho Power posted on its Facebook page Thursday.

The light was shining through the driver’s side window. It burned two holes in the seat, Amuchastegui said.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

In the video, Idaho Power employees measured the temperature of light rays refracted through a water bottle in the truck. It was found to be between 211 and 213 degrees.

Idaho Power Garage Shop Leader McKinnies’ some advice at the end of the video: “Everybody carries water bottles. If you have one in the cab of the truck, just keep it out of the sun.”

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
1
2
0
0

Load comments