Did you miss any crime and court news in October? Here's a collection of the crime reports, notable arrests and important court hearings to make sure you know what's going on.
- Laurie Welch
A 24-year-old Oakley man is charged with sexually battery of a 16-year-old girl that he told police is his "girlfriend."
The upcoming trial for the former Lincoln County sheriff accused of felony sex crimes is already becoming contentious.
Jury selection is underway in the trial of a Colorado man suspected of killing his fiancee and burning her body. A Twin Falls nurse is expected to testify.
A man who police say was impersonating a Homeland Security officer at Walmart entered his plea Monday morning.
A Twin Falls man was convicted of producing child pornography in U.S. federal court last week.
Seth Anthony Johnson, 35, was found guilty by a jury of charges he sexually exploited an 8-year-old girl.
A man is facing felony drug charges after a traffic stop Thursday night.
Kendrick Dewayne Robinson, 34, of California, was arraigned Friday afternoon via video link before Magistrate Judge Calvin Campbell at the Twin Falls County Judicial Annex.
The man who caused a fatal crash in June remains in jail after a bond hearing.
A couple already facing felony charges in the June theft of a Cadillac are now facing additional charges.
Christopher Gabriel Herrera, 33, and Helena Tejeda Herrera, 39, of Twin Falls, were both arraigned by Magistrate Judge Calvin Campbell on grand theft charges Friday afternoon.
A man charged in the 2016 drive-by shooting of a 15-year-old had his motion to withdraw his guilty plea approved on Thursday.
Gerardo Raul Chavez, 22, of Buhl, appeared before Fifth District Judge Benjamin Cluff at the Twin Falls County Judicial Annex with his attorney, Daniel Brown.
- KATE TALERICO Idaho Statesman
BOISE — Fifteen Catholic priests and one deacon who worked at or were associated with the Diocese of Boise have been credibly accused of sexua…
One of the men charged in a Walmart burglary while impersonating Homeland Security officers entered a not guilty plea Monday.
A man found guilty of multiple felonies in July was sentenced Monday afternoon.
David Herrera-Gonzalez, 32, appeared before Fifth District Judge Roger B. Harris at the Twin Falls County Judicial Annex to learn his fate.
A suspicious package discovered by postal inspectors led to drug-related charges for the recipient.
A man who was seen carrying airsoft weapons in City Park during August's National Night Out has been charged with multiple misdemeanors.
The brother of a man facing multiple felony charges including a drive-by shooting is now in jail.
The man who died after police shot at his car during a high-speed chase was a suspect in two kidnappings, police said.
Wednesday's high-speed police chase on I-84 started when officers were told a car didn't pay for gas in Twin Falls County.
Multiple police agencies are involved in a chase Tuesday afternoon on several Magic Valley roadways.
- JULIE A. FERRARO
For a second time, a man charged with shooting at a house in June had a request for a reduced bond denied Tuesday morning.
Shoshone's City Park has been vandalized five times in the past two months.
A former Lincoln County sheriff has been indicted by a grand jury on a charge of sexual abuse of a child under 16 years of age. Rene Rodriguez, 41, appeared before Magistrate Judge Thomas Kershaw Jr. on Friday afternoon for an initial hearing on the felony charge.
A social media threat against Wood River High School was unfounded but prompted extra police patrols.
- Laurie Welch
The former director of a senior center has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after being accused of taking more than $1,000 from the center.
A police car chasing a vehicle that was racing on Pole Line Road was rammed twice by the vehicle, which had a 2-year-old girl inside, officers said.
- MICHAEL KATZ Idaho Statesman
Martin L. Peterson, a figure in Idaho politics for five decades, was arrested Thursday and charged with sexual exploitation of a minor.
- Laurie Welch
A Rupert man received a suspended prison sentence Monday after he pleaded guilty to enticing a child over the internet.
- JULIE A. FERRARO
A man who police say impersonated a Homeland Security officer while stealing from Walmart had his $200,000 bond reduced.
PICABO — A man is charged with possession of a stolen vehicle and other violations after a Sunday traffic stop.
- Man arrested after 3-hour police standoff
- Former Twin Falls funeral home manager charged with grand theft
- Hailey woman sentenced for tax evasion
- Twin Falls man sentenced for shooting off gun in house
- Twin Falls couple headed to District Court on grand theft charges
- Jerome woman expected to enter guilty plea for grand theft
- Buhl man arrested after fleeing police in Twin Falls County
- UPDATE: Amber Alert canceled after Montana children found
- Burley doctor sentenced to prison for using illegal breast implants
- Twin Falls man sentenced for possessing stolen firearms
- Twin Falls man could spent the rest of his life in prison
- Twin Falls man sentenced to prison in fatal June 2018 crash
- Man charged in Twin Falls burglary enters guilty plea
- Twin Falls men who impersonated feds request bond reduction
- Trial begins for former Lincoln County sheriff accused of sex abuse
- Testimony begins in sex abuse trial of former Lincoln County sheriff
- Twin Falls attorney faces DUI charge
- Judge denies Twin Falls man's request for leniency in child sex abuse case
- Former sheriff's sex abuse trial goes to jury
- Former Lincoln County sheriff found guilty of child sex abuse
- Twin Falls man sentenced on video voyeurism charge
- Jerome woman enters guilty plea for multiple grand theft charges
- Twin Falls man pleads guilty to child porn charges
- Former Lincoln County sheriff working on possible appeal of child sex abuse conviction
- Twin Falls man faces charges after trying to grab cop's gun
- Police: Hailey man injures deputy after arrest