{{featured_button_text}}
House fire

A fire destroyed a Heyburn home Sunday at 377 S. 200 W. space 43.

HEYBURN — A family lost their home Dec. 8 to a fire that started in the oven inside their kitchen.

“Everyone was out of the house when we arrived,” Heyburn Fire and Rescue Deputy Fire Chief Ed Krause said.

A woman and a man lived in the double-wide trailer with one child.

“The adult woman was transported to the hospital and treated and released for smoke inhalation,” Krause said.

Firefighters responded at 2:12 p.m. to the structure fire at 377 S. 200 W. space 43.

“They were trying to heat the house with the oven,” Krause said.

The fire spread into the roof and walls of the home and firefighters had to pull the siding off the walls outside to quell the flames.

“It is a total loss,” he said. “It was deemed unlivable.”

The American Red Cross was contacted and is assisting the family, Krause said.

The Heyburn Fire Department was assisted by the East End Fire Department, which sent an engine and three firefighters. Heyburn used an engine and water tender and had five firefighters on the scene.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
1
6
0

Load comments