Saturday, December 7, 2019, 5-8 p.m.
Buhl – West End Senior Center
Fundraiser for the Chief Big Foot Wounded Knee Memorial Ride
Join us for a great cause by attending a Chili Feed, (by donation) raffles, and a silent auction featuring exquisite Native American jewelry, blankets, clothing, a cigar store Indian and many other unique and wonderful items and baskets.
For 25 years, Native Americans and others have been riding, running and walking the route that survivors took at the time of the Wounded Knee Massacre on December 29, 1890. Chief Big Foot and several hundred men, women and children were killed and the ride is a memorial and a healing for humanity.
For the last few years, Chuck Greywolf has cooked for the horseback riders as they make the 150-mile ride in South Dakota in the bitter cold of late December. There are several ways to help:
1. Cash donation for the chili feed.
2. Donate items for the auction. These could be decorative items, art, new household items, wine, baked goods, you name it!
3. Bid on items at the fundraiser or buy raffles.
4. Donate all sizes of warm clothing, extra coats, coffee, dried foods, propane, and snacks.
5. Give Chuck a ride to South Dakota. Help him stay as warm as possible while he feeds the riders breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 days.