Subscribe for 33¢ / day
Police lights
File Photo

TWIN FALLS — A man was severely burned Monday in a gasoline fire southwest of town.

Bryan E. Silvester, 60, was filling a gas tank in the back of a pickup at 2465 E. 3300 N. when the tank exploded, said Lori Stewart, Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman.

Get news headlines sent daily to your inbox

Silvester’s clothing and the vehicle caught on fire. Bystanders got the Silvester out of his burning clothes before medical units arrived, Stewart said. The Sheriff’s Office, Salmon Tract Rural Fire District and Magic Valley Paramedics responded at 10:22 a.m.

Silvester was flown to the University of Utah Burn Unit with severe burns on the lower half of his body.


Load comments