TWIN FALLS — This year’s Magic Valley Law Enforcement Memorial will be held at 11 a.m. May 19 at the Twin Falls City Park Band Shell, 400 Shoshone St. E., Twin Falls.
May 13-19 is designated as National Police Week. Twin Falls officers, their families and community members gather annually to pay tribute to the dedication and service of law enforcement members and to remember the courageous men and women who lost their lives in the line of duty while protecting their communities.
Magic Valley’s fallen officers are:
- Joshua Eggleston — Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office — 07/18/2009
- James Moulson — Jerome County Sheriff’s Office — 01/03/2001
- Phillip Anderson — Jerome County Sheriff’s Office — 01/03/2001
- Craig T. Bracken — Twin Falls Police Department — 05/08/1939
- Henry C. Givens — Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office — 11/26/1935
- Robert S. Walton — Minidoka County Sheriff’s Office — 03/08/1934
- Thomas Russel — Twin Falls Police Department — 02/06/1934
Keynote speaker Idaho State Sen. Lee Heider, along with local dignitaries, will present police week proclamations and a reading of the list of Idaho’s fallen officers.
A free picnic lunch, provided by the Lighthouse Christian Church, will be offered to all in attendance.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held on the main floor of the county courthouse, 427 Shoshone St. N., Twin Falls.