KETCHUM —The Sawtooth Botanical Garden will host “Nativars — The New Native Plants” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 15 at the Sawtooth Botanical Garder, 11 Gimlet Road, Ketchum. Landscape professionals and dedicated gardeners are invited to examine past obstacles to using native plants; introduce specially-developed and newly-available plants known as nativars; address design for full-season color; and utilize appropriate maintenance techniques to ensure success.
Presenters will include:
- Patti Lousen, Wood River Land Trust — status of water in Idaho and the Wood River Valley
- Steve Love, University of Idaho scientist — development of specially-selected native plants called nativars
- Steve Paulsen, Native Roots LLC — availability and uses of nativars and commercial production
- Kyle Timm, K and L Design, Salt Lake City — design considerations including a new 3D-design software
- Kelley Weston, Native Landscapes — appropriate maintenance and irrigation techniques
The cost is: $35 SBG members, $40 nonmembers. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. To register: call 208-726-9358 or go to www.sbgarden.org.