TWIN FALLS — Planning for an evening to remember this Feb. 14th? There are many local businesses in town that will help you kick off the night with a romantic dinner.
Star-crossed lovers can even work in some cultural experiences with their meal. For the first time, The Herrett Center for the Arts and Science is hosting a Valentine’s Day dinner and show at the College of Southern Idaho. “Romance Under the Stars” begins at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 14.
The event includes a catered dinner, a rose and a gift, followed by a special presentation in Faulkner Planetarium. Rick Greenawald will provide a live sky tour based on tales of love, lust and longing and how they relate to the stars.
The Romance Under the Stars event has seating options from $80 to $120 per couple. Couples can even reserve a seat in one of the museum galleries, surrounded by jungle beasts, arts or fossils.
“The centerpiece is going to be centered around the exhibit they’re in,” Events and Academic Coordinator Cari Eskridge said.
Tables in the Mayan ruins exhibit, for example, will have a replica of a Mayan dragon sculpture.
You must make a reservations by Friday by calling 208-732-6657.
Another event that’s sure to be unique is a “Cook with the Chefs” night at Yellow Brick Café, 136 Main Ave. N. For $100 a seat, you and your Valentine can enjoy a five-course meal, learn how it’s prepared and what wines and beers to pair it with.
The event takes place at 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Call 208-735-9837 to reserve your spot.
Want to avoid the Wednesday-night crowds? Elevation 486, 195 River Vista Place, will have a Valentine’s dinner-for-two from Feb. 12-18. The meal costs $69 per couple and includes a champagne toast, an appetizer to share, soup or salad, an entree and a dessert. Call 208-737-0486.
Jakers Bar and Grill, 1598 Blue Lakes Blvd. N., will also offer Valentine’s specials from Friday to Feb. 14, with menu options such as fillet and crab for two, or a bone-in fillet.
“We take reservations all weekend,” general manager Holli Storey said.
From 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 14, the restaurant will offer its popular prime rib and seafood buffet. The buffet includes the salad bar and features items such as lobster Alfredo, hand battered shrimp, tempura cod and baked salmon.
The cost is $39.95 for adults, $34.95 for seniors, $16.95 for children ages 6 to 12 and $8.95 for children 3 to 5. Information: Call 208-733-8400.
Here are five more options for you to consider when making your Feb. 14 reservations:
The TF Brickhouse 516 Hansen St. S.
- Offering a Valentine’s meal for two on Feb. 14, but by reservation only. The five-course meal includes a shared house platter, individual soups, salads and entrées, plus a dessert to share — such as the tequila infused dark chocolate mousse with fresh berries. Heather Platts and Michael Miller will perform live music. The cost is $75 per couple. To make your reservation, call 208-320-7621 or 208-736-6264.
Twin Beans Coffee Co. 144 Main Ave. S.
- Serving a salmon or prime rib dinner Feb. 14 with an appetizer, dessert and wine. Dancing will follow. The cost is $70 per couple and reservations are available for 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m. or 7 p.m. Call 208-749-0927.
Blu 1986 Addison Ave. E.
- Offering a surf-and-turf date night menu with local red Angus beef from Reverse EH Livestock. Choose from a filet Mignon, rib-eye, New York or sirloin steak with a selection of lobster tails, scallops, shrimp, crab, escolar or seared tuna. Prices are at market value and dinner begins at 4 p.m. Feb. 14. Make your reservations by calling 208-734-8570.
Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center 330 Canyon Crest Drive
- Offering three tier of Valentine’s packages, each including a private four-course dinner, champagne and flowers. A stretch limousine will also be available, and the restaurant is offering a lovers package with an overnight hotel stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. For information and to make reservations, call 208-320-6367.
Slice 132 Main Ave. N.
- Offering a dinner for two with your choice of one appetizer (excluding the meat and cheese board), pasta and pizza. The meal also includes a glass of wine or beer. The cost is $35. Call 208-595-2777.