NAMPA — Idaho Materials and Construction is celebrating 9 million man-hours without a lost-time injury.
“I am extremely proud of our team hitting this milestone,” General Manager Eric St. Pierre said in a statement. “Through teamwork and collaboration, our group continues to make every effort toward a zero-harm culture.”
St. Pierre said that this kind of achievement in the construction industry requires a commitment to safety within the organization. Idaho Materials and Construction’s safety practices include:
- Clearly communicating incidents and safety principals to employees.
- Focusing on rewarding employees who are observed setting a good example for company-safety culture.
- Asking employees what they suggest the company should do to improve safety.
- Utilizing that feedback to create the best approach toward safety training.
- Following up on successful results and employee recommendations
“Ultimately, we striving for an employee-driven safety culture,” St. Pierre said.